Paris Cancer Bioinformatics Workshop 2012
Espace Monceau, Paris, France
4-5 October, 2012
The molecular characterisation of tumours with high-throughput technologies has opened new avenues in cancer research. Data range from microarray gene expression to high throughput sequencing or time-lapse microscopy. Analysing and interpreting these data raises however numerous challenges addressed by researchers in areas such as statistics, machine learning, bioinformatics, integrative and systems biology. The goal of this cross-disciplinary workshop is to bring together experts working on cancer bioinformatics, to present and explore innovative approaches to this subject.
Thursday, October 4, 2012
- 9:30 Registration opens
- 10:15-10:30 Introduction
- 10:30-11:30 Lodewyk Wessels, "Modeling molecular networks in cancer"
- 11:30-12:30 Rune Linding, "Multiscale modeling of cancer kinome networks"
- Lunch break
- 13:30-14:30 Christine Sers, "Systems biology approaches in colorectal cancer"
- 15:00-16:00 Sven Nelander, "Large-scale integrative modeling of cancer"
- 16:00-17:00 Nadya Morozova, "Network analysis of Loss-of-Function screen of human lung cancer"
Friday, October 5, 2012
- 9:00-10:00 Florian Markowetz, "Dissecting Cancer Heterogeneity"
- 10:30-11:30 Sandrine Dudoit, "Normalization and differential expression for RNA-Seq"
- 11:30-12:30 Valentina Boeva, "Detection of structural variants and copy number alterations in cancer: from computational strategies to the discovery of chromothripsis in neuroblastoma
- Lunch break
- 13:30-14:30 Anne-Lise Børrensen-Dale, "The challenge in integrating various omics data for better prognostication of breast cancer"
- 15:00-16:00 Alfonso Valencia, "Personalised cancer genomics, a bioinformatics perspective"
- 16:00-17:00 Thomas Walter, "Dissecting cancer relevant cellular processes by phenotypic profiling from live cell imaging data"
The workshop will be held at Espace Monceau, 44 rue de la Bienfaisance, 75008 Paris.
Registration is FREE but necessary.
To register, if you understand French just follow the link at http://www.canceropole-idf.fr/manifestation/bio-informatique-et-cancer
If you don't understand French, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your first name, last name, affiliation, e-mail, and indicate whether you would like to have lunch at the workshop.
Organizers and sponsors
Workshop organizers: Emmanuel Barillot and Jean-Philippe Vert
Workshop administrator: Charlotte Richard, Canceropole Ile-de-France, email@example.com
Sponsor: Canceropole Ile-de-France